Extended Senses Screening Programme
Welcome to the Extended Senses Screening programme, featuring all kinds of films and video work relevant to our theme.
Screening Session 1 & 3: Extended Senses Selection | 16:00 – 16:50 & 19:50 – 22:00
- AIREAL: Interactive Tactile Experiences in Free Air (2013), Disney Research (Pittsburgh) – 4.24
- Muscle-Propelled Force Feedback: bringing force feedback to mobile devices (2014), Pedro Lopes, Patrick Baudisch – 0.54
- RISR (2013), Ludwig Zeller, Kjen Wilkens, Simon Grand – 9.59
- PneUI: Pneumatic Soft Composite User Interface (2014), Tangible Media Group at MIT – 5.18
- NeuroKnitting (2013), Varvara Guljajeva, Mar Canet and Sebastian Mealla – 2.00
- PhonoPaper: Drawing the Sound on Paper (2014), Alexander Zolotov – 2.25
- Reality Mediators (2013), Ling Tan – 2.29
- Interview: Former DARPA director on research into Beast Tech (2014), Regina E. Dugan – 4.30
- TACTILU (2013), panGenerator (Jakub Koźniewski, Piotr Barszczewski, Krzysztof Goliński) – 1.31
- Tactile Rendering of 3D Features on Touch Surface (2013), Disney Research, Pittsburgh – 2.18
- Virtual reality made me believe I was someone else (2014), Aaron Souppouris – 3.36
- Haptic Turk: A Motion Platform Based on People (2014), Lung-Pan Cheng, pedro Lopes, Patrick Baudisch – 0.33
- inFORM – Interacting With a Dynamic Shape Display (2013) Sean Follmer, Daniel Leithinger, Hiroshi Ishii – 3.40
- Michio Kaku: X-Ray Vision and Telepathy Already Exist (2011), Big Think – 3.11
- Sight (2013) Eran May-raz and Daniel Lazo – 7.50
- What You See Is What You Get (2014), Jeroen van Loon – 4.09
- Radiohead / Polyfauna (2014), Universal Everything in collaboration with Radiohead, Stanley Donwood and Nigel Godrich – 0.56
- How To Succeed With Your Madeleine (2013), Amy Radcliffe – 1.24
- Eidos – Sensory augmentation equipment (2013), Tim Bouckley, Millie Clive-Smith, Mi Eun Kim, Yuta Sugawara – 7.35
- Notion – Dance Fiction (2010, 2011) Choy Ka Fai – 3.00
- Biomeditation (2014), João Beira, Yago de Quay – 5.30
- True Skin (2013), Stephan Zlotescu, H1 – 6.12
- Song of the Machine (2011), Superflux – 5.11
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution (2011), Square Enix – 12.31
Screening Session 2: Pre-screening of the re-release of Videodrome (1983), David Cronenberg | 18:00 – 19:27
This pre-screening is presented in collaboration with EXPOSED, EYE’s new community of young culture lovers.
This summer, EYE will be hosting David Cronenberg – The Exhibition: a big exhibition and film programme dedicated to the work of cult director David Cronenberg, focusing on the theme of physical and psychological transformation.
Conveniently, this overlaps with the theme of Coded Matter(s) #7: Extended Senses and it is with pride that we announce an exclusive addition to our Extended Senses video programme: a pre-screening of the re-release of David Cronenberg’s classic film Videodrome (1983), the science fiction body horror classic, adding a gruesome yet nostalgic flavour to our screenings. Dubbed ‘the A Clockwork Orange of the ’80s’ by Andy Warhol, Videodrome uncovered a disturbing world of body and technology fused together, slashing through themes of media influence and the dynamics of fear, power and control between man, machine and that which lies in between.
This pre-screening is presented in collaboration with EXPOSED, EYE’s new community of young culture lovers. who’ll also be organising a special event at the opening of the exhibition on June 21st, named Het Nieuwe Vlees (The New Flesh).